Lighthouse on Cape Campbell, New Zealand

Lighthouse on Cape Campbell, New Zealand

Description: The cape was named by Captain James Cook after Vice Admiral John Campbell who circumnavigated the world with Commodore George Anson.
The treacherous coastline has claimed over 18 shipwrecks between 1845 and 1947.
Construction of the first wooden lighthouse begun in 1869 and it was lit for the first time on 1 August, 1870. New lighthouse with cast iron tower was first lit in October, 1905.
Source: www.newzealandlighthouses.com

[display photography on the map]

Keywords: Cape Campbell, Mussel Point, New Zealand, lighthouse, landscape, panorama, Clifford Bay, Te Karaka, Lake Grassmere, Marfells Beach Road, water

Exif: Exposure: 1/640, Aperture: 7.1, ISO: 200

Views: 7435 ×